How To Remove Coke Stain From Washable Fabrics
February 14, 2023
Coca-Cola, or Coke, is one of the world's most popular soft drinks, but when it spills on your clothes, it can leave behind a stubborn and unsightly stain. Coke stains can be particularly challenging to remove, as the dark color and sugary composition can create a sticky and stubborn mess. Whether you're enjoying a can with friends, or just grabbing a quick drink on the go, it's all too easy to accidentally spill Coke on your favorite clothes. Fortunately, there are several methods you can use to successfully remove Coke stains from washable fabrics. In this article, we'll explore some of the most effective techniques and provide step-by-step instructions to help you get your clothes looking like new again.
These stains may appear as a dark brown mark on the fabric and could be slightly sticky or dry. They may also have a sweet or soda-like smell.
Warm (85° to 105°F)
RATIONALE FOR WATER TEMP
Warm water helps to dissolve the sugar and make it easier to remove.
The Science Behind Coke Stains
Coke contains a lot of sugar and caramel color, which can stick to fabrics and cause staining. Additionally, the acidity of Coke can weaken the fibers in clothing and make it more susceptible to staining. When spilled, the sugars and colorants in Coke can quickly adhere to the fabric fibers and dry, creating a difficult-to-remove stain. The high sugar content and acidic pH of Coke make it a particularly challenging stain to clean.
What You'll Need To Get Rid Of Coke Stains
- Cold water
- Paper towels or clean cloth
- White vinegar or lemon juice
- Baking soda
- Laundry detergent
- Stain remover (optional)
Step By Step Process To Remove Coke Stains
- Blot the stain with a paper towel or clean cloth to remove any excess liquid.
- Flush the stain with cold water from the back of the fabric to prevent the stain from setting.
- Apply a mixture of white vinegar or lemon juice and baking soda to the stain and let it sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Rinse the fabric with cold water and repeat steps 2-3 until the stain is no longer visible.
- Wash the garment in the washing machine with laundry detergent and cold water. Hot water can set the stain and make it more difficult to remove.
- Check the stain before putting the garment in the dryer. If the stain is still visible, repeat the above steps or use a stain remover before drying.
Coke stains are primarily due to the presence of caramel color and high sugar content in the beverage, which can cause it to adhere to surfaces and be difficult to remove. To remove coke stains from washable fabrics, flush the stain with cold water, apply a mixture of white vinegar or lemon juice and baking soda, rinse, wash in the washing machine with cold water and laundry detergent, and check before drying. It's important to act quickly and follow the care label on the garment to avoid damage.
Want to share this?