How To Remove Hot Cheeto Stain From Washable Fabrics
January 25, 2023
Hot Cheeto stains can be a tricky problem to remove from washable fabrics, but don't let them ruin your clothes or linens. With this easy solution, you can effectively eliminate Hot Cheeto stains and restore your fabrics to their former beauty. Keep reading to learn the secret to removing Hot Cheeto stains from washable fabrics and keep them looking like new.
These stains appear as discoloration of the fabric that is usually orange in color. They can be slightly greasy or oily to the touch and may have a slight cheese or spicy smell.
Warm (85° to 105°F)
RATIONALE FOR WATER TEMP
Warm water helps to soften the Cheeto and make it easier to remove.
The Science Behind Hot Cheeto Stains
Hot Cheetos are made from a combination of corn, oil, spices, colorants, and flavorings. When these ingredients come into contact with clothing, they can leave behind stains. The pigments in the spices and flavorings can bind to the fibers in the fabric, which can make it difficult to remove the stain. Additionally, the oil in the Hot Cheetos can also leave behind stains on clothing. The oil can attract and hold onto dirt and other particles, making the stain harder to remove.
What You'll Need To Get Rid Of Hot Cheeto Stains
- Dish soap
- White vinegar
- Baking soda
- Laundry detergent
- Stain remover
Step By Step Process To Remove Hot Cheeto Stains
- Blot the stain with a clean cloth or paper towel to remove as much of the Hot Cheeto residue as possible.
- Mix a solution of equal parts water and white vinegar. Gently rub the solution into the stain and allow it to sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Make a paste with baking soda and water and apply it to the stain. Allow the paste to sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Wash the garment in the washing machine using the hottest water recommended on the care label and laundry detergent. If the stain is still present, add a stain remover to the wash.
- Check the stain before drying the garment, and if it is still present, repeat steps 2-4.
- Dry the garment as usual.
Hot Cheetos stains are caused by the combination of pigments in the spices and oil in the snacks that can bind to the fibers of the fabric. To remove Hot Cheetos stains from washable fabrics, use a mixture of water and white vinegar, baking soda, laundry detergent, and stain remover. Clean the stain by following the steps in the order provided. Always check the care label before attempting to remove the stain, as some fabrics may be damaged by certain cleaning solutions or high temperatures.
Want to share this?